Funds for Equality in Research and Teaching
Please note: Changes regarding application period for Funds for Equality in Research and Teaching
Due to the current coronavirus crisis, there will only be one application period for Funds for Equality in Research and Teaching.
Application deadlines by 30 April 2020 as well as 31 October 2020 are cancelled.
The one and only application period in 2020 ends on 15 June 2020.
Applications have to be submitted to the Dean’s Office. The faculty then collects and forwards them, along with a short, written evaluation of each application, when there are multiple applications, they are forwarded with a ranking as well, to the university’s Women’s Representative by the 15th of June 2020.
So please pay attention to the respective, earlier application deadline for your faculty.
Who can apply?
The funds are to serve as financial support for emerging female researchers in their qualification phase for a career in academia.
- Junior female researchers at the LMU with a doctoral degree / PhD who have time-limited contracts (university positions or contracts funded by third parties), female junior-professors (W1) and private lecturers (i.e. PD / Privatdozentinnen) with a time limited contract at the LMU
- A contract term of at least six months following the application deadline
- When technical/electronic, specialized equipment is involved, a contract term of at least 12 months following the application deadline
Please note: Offices must have a budget for Title Group 73, Chapter 1507. Therefore, female clinicians from the human medicine clinics are excluded from applying. Female scholarship holders, doctoral candidates, visiting professors, interim professors, W2 professor and short-term contract lecturers (Lehrbeauftragte) and researchers on temporary leave from their university positions / employment contracts are not eligible to apply.
What can be applied for?
1. Funding for student assistants for one’s own academic qualification
- Female researchers with children: 1 student assistant for a maximum of 8 hours per week per term (for a student assistant with a Bachelor of Arts degree, a maximum of 7 hours per week per term) for six months (a maximum of 6 times)
- Female researchers without children: 1 student assistant for a maximum of 6 hours per week per term (for a student assistant with a Bachelor of Arts degree, a maximum of 5 hours per week) for six months (a maximum of 4 times)
2. Travel funds: Conference fees and travel expenses (no lodging, food or per diem)
- Prerequisite: Your own research contribution (paper, slide presentation, lecture, speech, etc.) (attach proof)
- Travel must have occurred prior to the application deadline
- Original invoices and receipts for fees and payments must be submitted with the application
- Travel expenses can only be reimbursed if they were paid by the applicant herself
- Participation in a maximum of two conferences or conventions per application (a maximum of 3 times)
3. Material resources
- For material resources that are not part of an institute’s basic equipment and that alleviate the working conditions of junior female researchers and their academic careers with significant, long-lasting effect and in terms of equal opportunity as well, a subsidy of up to 2,000 euros can be granted.
- It is always necessary to submit a cost estimate, and when applicable, from the responsible purchasing department.
- The contract term must run for at least six months following the application deadline, and when there is technical/electronic or other specialized equipment involved, the contract term must run for at least twelve months.
- You cannot apply for PCs, Notebooks or iPads.
Applications have to be submitted to the Dean’s Office. The faculty then collects and forwards them, along with a short, written evaluation of each application, when there are multiple applications, they are forwarded with a ranking as well, to the university’s Women’s Representative by the 30th of April or the 31st of October. So please pay attention to the respective, earlier application deadline for your faculty.
Incomplete applications and applications that do not meet the criteria will be rejected and returned.
If you have been furloughed for parental leave, then you can only apply during the parental-leave period if you reenter the contract within the 6 months that follow the application deadline; support from this program should assist you in reentry.
Applicant notification of approval or rejection is handled exclusively by the Dean’s Office.